From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Migration plan for prefix/linux 13.0 profiles?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:00:14
1 On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:38:41 -0800
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > The prefix/linux/${ARCH} profiles currently inherit from the deprecated
7 > 10.0 profiles. There are at least a couple of options for migration:
8 >
9 > (1) update existing profiles in-place (not nice for people running
10 > pre-EAPI-5 portage)
11 >
12 > (2) deprecate prefix/linux/${ARCH} profiles, and add
13 > prefix/linux/13.0/${ARCH} profiles to replace them (this is
14 > analogous to the approach used for non-prefix profiles)
15 >
16 > I would suggest to go with (2), in order to make things smooth for
17 > pre-EAPI-5 portage users.
18
19 OK, after a sync and an 'emerge -puDN world' I'm presented with
20
21 !!! Your current profile is deprecated and not supported anymore.
22 !!! Use eselect profile to update your profile.
23 !!! Please upgrade to the following profile if possible:
24 default/linux/amd64/13.0/no-multilib
25
26 eslecting as suggested presents a download nightmare since my prefix is now an
27 amd64! Removing the etc/make.profile symlink breaks everything. The only
28 recovery solution I found was to symlink make.profile to
29 ${EPPRFIX}/usr/portage/profiles/prefix/linux/amd64. So what's the real
30 intention of all this? Obviously, I've missed something. Perhaps the message
31 should be disregarded. This seems to work on other prefixes I have installed
32 where make.profile is _not_ symlinked to anything.
33
34 Thanks,
35 Steve