From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Darwin (OSX) users, the next sync probably breaks your system
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:35:28
1 Due to some new insights, as well as a missed package last time I broke
2 your system, I've broken nearly every prefix install on OSX again. The
3 details are in the moving of libraries which almost everything links
4 against if you have nls in your USE flags.
5
6 A workaround to getting your system going again, is to temporarily add
7 some symlinks that fill the gap by the now moved libraries:
8
9 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/libintl.8.dylib -> libintl.dylib
10 $EPREFIX/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib -> libiconv.dylib
11
12 It is a good idea to reemerge your entire system, or bootstrap from
13 scratch again. The latter will fail for the moment, so please hang on
14 till I refreshed the bootstrap image of the tree.
15
16 Thanks for flying Prefix ;)
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level