From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [RFC draft] Gentoo Prefix updates on Linux
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 15:00:44
1 Hi Fabian,
2
3 On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 01:26:27PM +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4
5 > Yes, unless you set PREFIX_DISABLE_RAP to "yes" in your evironment.
6
7 I tried this on an up-to-date Gento amd64 box recently and it needed a
8 bit of handholding to get off the ground. Seemed as if it (quite
9 understandably) didn't get the same testing as RAP recently. For example
10 the pythonr sebuilds fail on modules crypt and nis because of glibc-2.26
11 it seems.
12
13 Also, when I took bootstrap-prefix up on its offer to use the existing
14 Gentoo Penguin's portage from / to speed things up it failed because
15 that emerge didn't support the --prefix option, I think.
16 --
17 Thanks,
18 Michael