From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Best Practice in Adopting New Ebuilds in Prefix
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 01:06:00
1 Hello Fabian,
2
3 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> writes:
4
5 > Show us your capabilities, and become a Gentoo Developer in particular
6 > for the Gentoo Prefix project, and help us out to improve our
7 > understaffed project.
8
9 That's great. I'd love to. I am have been using Gentoo Prefix for more
10 than 1 year, and Debian for ~7 years. For programming I had (learning)
11 experiences for Python/Perl/C/Lisp, though in my academic work Python is
12 used most often. I have been always been a user in the community and now
13 willing to have a try to contribute as a developer. As a graduate
14 student, I have at least 4 hours of spare time usually everyday (except
15 for the exams, thesis/report deadlines, etc.).
16
17 I guess becoming a developer particular for Gentoo Prefix is somewhat
18 different than that of gx86, in that I don't need to do those practice
19 in the overlays?
20
21 Where should I start from now? Maybe this quiz[1]?
22
23 > There is absolutely nothing that blocks your contributions but time of
24 > the main developers, like me.
25
26 Right. For me, I just need some guidance to set things up and go. Hope
27 people around the list can help me through the process.
28
29 Yours,
30 Benda
31