From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Having a persistent bash environment variable
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:37:26
1 On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 20:42 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 01-02-2008 19:37:18 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
3 > > What's the best way to have a bash environment variable persist across
4 > > an emerge ??
5 > >
6 > > I've seen the ebuild.sh which filters out bash read only variables, and
7 > > I've tried inserting mine into that list, but it doesn't seem to work.
8 >
9 > While I think this is mainly a Portage related question, still can you
10 > explain why you want/need to do this? Or what you want to achieve?
11
12 Because the libc I'm using read's an environment variable to determine
13 functionality, and the emerge process is removing it and changing the
14 way libc reacts.
15
16 Alan.
19 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list