From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] OT: gcc-apple and fortran support
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:48:27
1 On 16-11-2011 16:34:42 +0100, Burcin Erocal wrote:
2 > I've been developing a (math oriented) scientific software distribution
3 > [1] based on gentoo-prefix and sage-on-gentoo [2]. This relies on the
4 > compiler and toolchain on the host instead of building everything from
5 > scratch. Progress is rather slow, since I don't have much time to work
6 > on this, but it's getting there.
7 >
8 > [1] https://bitbucket.org/burcin/sage-prefix
9 > [2] https://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo
10 >
11 > It can build Sage [3] with all it's dependencies (modulo jmol - a java
12 > application for 3D graphs) on various linux distros. I don't have
13 > access to any OSX machines other than a 10.5 PPC box, where everything
14 > that doesn't need a fortran compiler works. I've had reports that OSX
15 > 10.6 is in a similar state.
16
17 If you'd use the Prefix toolchain, you could also do all fortran stuff
18 on OSX, since the Prefix gcc-apple has Fortran added :)
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level