From: Alan Hourihane <alanh@×××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Having a persistent bash environment variable
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:16:34
1 On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 10:14 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 04-02-2008 20:56:21 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
3 > > > Then run portage, and check if the var is set. Also, during
4 > > > compilation, it should be stored in the environment file in the "temp"
5 > > > dir of your var/tmp/portage/cat/pkg/.
6 > >
7 > > O.k. it is there on the echo, but something is removing it in the
8 > > ebuild.sh script as it's failed again. I'm pretty sure it's the
9 > > filter_readonly_variables() doing it, then it puts it back when it
10 > > sources the environment later.
11 > >
12 > > But that's too late, because if UNIXMODE is removed I lose, and sed
13 > > breaks.
14 >
15 > It appears that the sed that fails for you is a sed that is run in the
16 > middle of the process to filter the environment, just after the env is
17 > cleaned, and just before the env is restored.
18 >
19 > In your case it is necessary to inject UNIXMODE in ebuild.sh as you did,
20 > the ebuild should in any case always see UNIXMODE as you set it in your
21 > environment.
22 >
23 > The only thing I can do, is to make a special file that is sourced by
24 > Portage in ebuild.sh that contains UNIXMODE for you. It is quite ugly,
25 > but the only thing that will help you to keep a working Portage over
26 > upgrades.
27
28 Right. Thanks Fabian.
29