From: "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] problems getting a prefix on aix-6.1
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 00:11:14
1 On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:23:53 Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > Hi François,
3 >
4 > On 06/08/2012 02:13 AM, François Bissey wrote:
5 > > There are a lot of ebuilds masked by EAPI=4, as the bootstrap portage only
6 > > support EAPI=<3.
7 > >
8 > > With 2.3.0 all versions of perl are masked either by missing keywords or
9 > > EAPI=4.
10 > >
11 > > Does bootstrapping on aix require special instructions that I have missed?
12 >
13 > Unfortunately, for way too long time now I didn't find time to keep
14 > prefix-launcher up-to-date enough to keep being able to bootstrap current
15 > Prefix. The most important thing to do would be upgrading portage itself,
16 > which requires upgrading to python-2.7.
17 >
18 > However, in theory, prefix-launcher doesn't do much more than what is shown
19 > in the bootstrap guides, except to bundle these commands into one
20 > super-package. In fact, prefix-launcher isn't much more than what is
21 > $EPREFIX/tmp in the bootstrap guides.
22 >
23 > But I'm not aware of anyone having tried to bootstrap along the bootstrap
24 > guide for Solaris on AIX (or Interix) yet - actually I'm surprised to see
25 > some conditions for these platforms in bootstrap-prefix.sh.
26 >
27 > One of the major features of prefix-launcher over the current guide is to be
28 > able to carry and apply patches for various packages, which often is
29 > necessary for the more exotic platforms like AIX, Interix, HP-UX. This most
30 > likely is because these platforms are rarely available to the upstream
31 > package maintainers to test on.
32 >
33 > So you're welcome to either provide patches for prefix-launcher (trunk) to
34 > upgrade to python-2.7 and current prefix-portage, or try fixing the Solaris
35 > bootstrap guide for AIX.
36 >
37 > /haubi/
38 >
39 > PS: I do have buildbot slaves doing weekly Prefix bootstraps (32bit only)
40 > using prefix- launcher-trunk on a bunch of different platforms - including
41 > AIX 5.3, 6.1, 7.1, as well as various HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, Interix boxes
42 > - failing for too long time now.
43
44 OK, thanks for the answer in any case. I will see what I can do by myself.
45 I will send progress reports here. I'll just need to make some time to work
46 on it.
47
48 Francois