From: heroxbd@g.o
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Restructuring the bootstrap (or: getting rid of gcc 4.2)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 00:03:38
1 Ruud Koolen <redlizard@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Sure, because you used neither the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS the bootstrap script
4 > uses to find the right library versions, nor all the wizardry that
5 > toolchain.eclass does to build the right toolchain. If you build things the
6 > way the bootstrap script does, using portage, things should work.
7 >
8 > Case in point: after some unrelated fixes to the bootstrap script (mostly
9 > regarding baselayout-prefix, which you seem to have fixed independently for
10 > the mainline bootstrap a few days ago) my bootstrap now works flawlessly on
11 > solaris 10 x86 (using gcc 3.4), as well as SLES :)
12
13 Nice catch! It would be nice if we get to know how the 'wizardry' of
14 toolchain.eclass/portage works.