From: Marshall McMullen <marshall.mcmullen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] emerge autoconf-2.61-r1 fails
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:40:42
1 *sigh* Well, I can't install m4 because it requires autoconf and automake, but I can't install autoconf and automake because they require m4. This sounds like a pretty nasty situation.... why does m4 require autoconf/automake ? Any ideas or thoughts on how to get around this would be appreciated.
2
3 Thanks!
4
5 ----- Original Message -----
6 From: "Marshall McMullen" <marshall@×××××××.com>
7 To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
8 Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2007 3:27:28 PM (GMT-0600) America/Chicago
9 Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] emerge autoconf-2.61-r1 fails
10
11 Meh. I've got the binaries for the required versions of autoconf and automake on another AIX system, going to copy those to at least get around this obstacle. But if anyone has figured out how to install m4 on AIX without first installing autoconf and automake, I'd love to hear about it.
12
13 Thanks....
14
15 ----- Original Message -----
16 From: "Marshall McMullen" <marshall.mcmullen@×××××.com>
17 To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
18 Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2007 3:09:20 PM (GMT-0600) America/Chicago
19 Subject: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] emerge autoconf-2.61-r1 fails
20
21 I can't seem to get autoconf-2.61-r1 to emerge on AIX 5.3. It fails as follows:
22
23 config.status: executing tests/atconfig commands
24 Making all in bin
25 make: 1254-002 Cannot find a rule to create target ../bin/autom4te from dependencies.
26 Stop.
27 make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
30 Is this failure related to m4? Unfortunately I do _NOT_ have m4 installed yet, as I can't seem to get m4 installed on AIX until I first have the entire autoconf and automake chain installed. Anyone circumvent this problem?
31
32 Many thanks,
33 Marshall