From: "McGehee
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Installing Prefix/libc : heroxbd overlay
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 14:58:15
1 Hello,
2 I have Gentoo Prefix installed on a Red Hat 5 box, and I'm unable to install a few packages due to the old glibc on my system. Following this wiki page (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Prefix/libc), I'm hoping to use heroxbd's overlay to add support for an updated glibc library.
3
4 Unfortunately, for the past few months the overlays.gentoo.org server appears to be down, and I haven't been able to get the overlay through layman. This website (http://infra-status.gentoo.org) suggests there is no ETA.
5
6 So, is the heroxbd overlay available anywhere? If not, can it be added to github or equivalent?
7
8 Thanks, Robert