From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] RFC: emerge to different EPREFIX by different user
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:43:20
1 Hi Grobian / all,
2
3 Although it is possible for one portage instance to merge to another
4 EPREFIX via environment variable, this does not work when this is done
5 by another *user*.
6
7 This is why I do apply a similar patch to portage in prefix-launcher,
8 which is snapshooted by another user than myself, while I bootstrap/run
9 the Prefixes as myself.
10
11 When EPREFIX != BPREFIX, attached patch uses the owner+group of the
12 target EPREFIX directory as the root- and portage- user+group
13 instead of the builtin ones.
14
15 I do not think this is a security issue, as portage will (should?) refuse
16 to do anything outside $EPREFIX, but I'm not fully sure (yet).
17
18 Thoughts?
19
20 Thank you!