From: Sid Spry <sid@××××.us>
To: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Please Bump Arm64 Prefix Stage3
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 02:14:07
1 On Thu, Jul 2, 2020, at 7:23 PM, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Hi Sid,
3 >
4 > "Sid Spry" <sid@××××.us> writes:
5 >
6 > > Hi, I appreciate it. If you can give some rough outline of steps I can
7 > > try to get it into CI. I will need updated packages for work from
8 > > Android.
9 > >
10 > > Will be checking http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/prefix/arm/.
11 >
12 > Sure,
13 >
14 > 1. download and install
15 >
16 > http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/prefix/arm/prefix-stage3-arm64-20180225.tar.xz
17 >
18 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Upgrading_Gentoo gives general guidelines
19 > for upgrading,
20 >
21 > 2. emerge --sync # get the latest tree
22 >
23 > 3. emerge --oneshot portage # portage first
24 >
25 > 4. emerge --oneshot gcc binutils glibc linux-headers # toolchain next
26 >
27 > 5. emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y --newuse @world # upgrade everything
28 >
29 > Cheers,
30 > Benda
33 Yes, I've tried that, for various reasons they don't work. I'm only asking you to
34 regenerate the image because I was hoping there is a way to update it
35 that does not rely on itself.
36
37 I've recently gotten a RPi4, and I'll put Sakaki's arm64 release on it to start, but
38 I was hoping to reduce my reliance on external dependencies.