From: Pablo Acosta-Serafini <pmacosta@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Trouble building util-linux-2.26
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:04:58
1 I am having problems emerging util-linux-2.26 as part of the final stage of the bootstrapping process. The error I stems from this:
2 ./.libs/libcommon.a(libcommon_la-fileutils.o): In function `xmkstemp':
3 fileutils.c:(.text+0x61): undefined reference to `mkostemp'
4 collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
5 Makefile:5519: recipe for target 'blockdev' failed
6
7 I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.10 (Tikanga) which has glibc 2.5 (no option to update system, unfortunately)
8 I googled a bit and it seems that there was support for old systems like mine that was removed as it was fixed upstream [http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/336650/]. Is it possible that the package is still broken? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this? Thank you!
9 P