From: Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey.ratcliffe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: Error emerging cairo in prefix on RHEL5 amd64
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:27:52
1 On 23 November 2010 10:04, Jeffrey Ratcliffe
2 <jeffrey.ratcliffe@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Cairo is complaining that is can't link with -lpthread or -pthread,
4 > therefore configures with pthread: no, meaning that the compile fails,
5 > telling me to define CAIRO_NO_MUTEX to 1. I have put the complete
6 > build log on pastebin[1].
7
8 It must be an environment problem, as if I cd to the work directory
9 and retry exactly the same configure command, then pthreads are found.
10 And indeed
11
12 $ LDFLAGS="" emerge cairo
13
14 succeeds, but is very hacky, and I can't seem to find a setting for
15 etc/portage/env/x11-libs/cairo to replicate it.
16
17 Moving on, I have similar problems with gtk+ and libXi, which is, of
18 course, present on the host. Unfortunately, the above trick doesn't
19 work here.
20
21 So, how can I get emerge to additionally use libraries from the host?
22 Writing ebuilds to maintain symlinks to libraries in /lib feels wrong.
23
24 Regards
25
26 Jeff