From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix]Starting over with svn prefix-launcher on AIX
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:59:52
1 On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 05:16 -0500, Greg Trigg wrote:
2 > Greg wrote:
3 > > Fabian Groffen wrote:
4 > >>> I installed this patch and now instead of failing it just locks up.
5 > >>> I think python is failing. It probably goes back to the 'as'
6 > >>> command not working when python was compiling. I may have to look
7 > >>> into installing a working assembler.
8 > >>>
9 > >>
10 > >> Are you sure it locks up and is not just extremely busy?
11 > >>
12 > >>
13 > > Not 100%, but there were 2 <defunct> processes and I waited about 18
14 > > minutes. Python wouldn't take that long would it? I could try again
15 > > and just let it sit there a couple hours. It's worth a shot I guess. I
16 > > need to be working anyways.
17 > >
18 > Now I'm 100% sure. I'm going to start over again. I've installed
19 > binutils from source, so hopefully 'as' will work this time.
20
21 Uh oh, don't now what you install "binutils from source" (this tells me
22 that you mean GNU-binutils) for or who told you to do so, but do NOT use
23 GNU-binutils (as, ld, nm, ...) on AIX at all, I've found they're just
24 broken for that platform. I always use the system provided ones (for
25 native builds).
26
27 /haubi/
28 --