From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Interix _ALL_SOURCE
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 06:57:53
2 > On 16-07-2008 13:50:50 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
3 > > >
4 > > > I'm doing this with one of the prefixes targeting the setup CDs, so
5 > > > this should be pretty much the most essential stuff :) CFLAGS now
6 > > > should contain _ALL_SOURCE.
7 > > >
8 > >
9 > > Ok, it's gone pretty much through (allthough i stopped it
10 > prematurely, since I accidently activated the _ALL_SOURCE gcc patch
11 > already :). Now I'll build all packages again, this time with the final
12 > solution (_ALL_SOURCE built-in to gcc). Also I took a quick look over
13 > the tree, and eliminated pretty much all append-flags for _ALL_SOURCE
14 > already. This is gonna be a _huge_ checkin if it works :)
15 >
16 > good!
17
18 Yeeeha... it seems to work fine. I'll commit the gcc patch now, and the rest tomorrow? Or should I just commit everything? If things don't build anywhere, one would have to reinstall gcc. Should I rev-bump gcc?
19
20 Cheers, Markus
23 > > The only thing that came to my mind that could be a problem: while
24 > bootstrapping as long as there is no gcc of our own, there could be
25 > problems building things. Should we just set C[XX]FLAGS during
26 > bootstrap? I can do it in eprefix-bootstrap - do you plan to create
27 > some manual bootstrap guide for interix too?
28 >
29 > Yes. Like we need to set -L -R stuff, we just have to set the define,
30 > until we emerged gcc.
33 > --
34 > Fabian Groffen
35 > Gentoo on a different level