From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Any procedure to test a quick patch to a package?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:03:55
1 On 12-12-2012 11:37:40 -0600, René Berber wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > While trying to install Prefix in Cygwin I ran into a problem which is
5 > very easy to correct. I guess I should open a bug report about the
6 > Python-patched package, but I would really appreciate if someone points
7 > me to a quick modify & test procedure (for instance: modify the
8 > downloaded package; I think I already tried that, with libz, but the
9 > problem there may be the extension, libz-1.2.7.tar.bz2 doesn't exist in
10 > the repository, but there is a .gz package which I downloaded and the
11 > script ignored).
12
13 so, what you basically want is
14 1) a patch to the python-2.7.3 ebuild for cygwin
15 2) a new tar of that
16
17 (see the ebuild for comments about what to comment out, it's really as
18 simple as running ebuild ... prepare and tarring the result up)
19
20 right?
21
22 If so, let's start with the patch that you need.
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo on a different level