From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] About rsync0 for prefix
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:15:01
1 Hi,
2
3 If you're just a user, you can stop reading now, nothing changes for
4 you. Thanks!
5
6 This is just a heads up for those who care about rsync0. Due to some
7 severe disk failures on the server rsync0 ran, I've migrated rsync0 to
8 prefix.gentooexperimental.org (a.k.a. rsync5). It runs very happy
9 there: http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org/timing-rsync0.png
10 For convenience, rsync1 remains updated (from rsync5) for those that
11 were allowed to sync off rsync1. This is ok for the moment.
12
13 We're hoping to see a replacement for dev.tinderbox.gentoo.org which
14 recently also encountered disk errors. When such replacement comes
15 available, I plan on replicating the setup prefix.gentooexperimental.org
16 there such that rsync0 has a well-reachable failover path. That
17 replacement will have IPv6 connectivity.
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo on a different level