From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] problems getting a prefix on aix-6.1
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 09:16:00
Hi François,

On 06/08/2012 02:13 AM, François Bissey wrote:
> There are a lot of ebuilds masked by EAPI=4, as the bootstrap portage only > support EAPI=<3.
> With 2.3.0 all versions of perl are masked either by missing keywords or > EAPI=4.
> Does bootstrapping on aix require special instructions that I have missed?
Unfortunately, for way too long time now I didn't find time to keep prefix-launcher up-to-date enough to keep being able to bootstrap current Prefix. The most important thing to do would be upgrading portage itself, which requires upgrading to python-2.7. However, in theory, prefix-launcher doesn't do much more than what is shown in the bootstrap guides, except to bundle these commands into one super-package. In fact, prefix-launcher isn't much more than what is $EPREFIX/tmp in the bootstrap guides. But I'm not aware of anyone having tried to bootstrap along the bootstrap guide for Solaris on AIX (or Interix) yet - actually I'm surprised to see some conditions for these platforms in One of the major features of prefix-launcher over the current guide is to be able to carry and apply patches for various packages, which often is necessary for the more exotic platforms like AIX, Interix, HP-UX. This most likely is because these platforms are rarely available to the upstream package maintainers to test on. So you're welcome to either provide patches for prefix-launcher (trunk) to upgrade to python-2.7 and current prefix-portage, or try fixing the Solaris bootstrap guide for AIX. /haubi/ PS: I do have buildbot slaves doing weekly Prefix bootstraps (32bit only) using prefix- launcher-trunk on a bunch of different platforms - including AIX 5.3, 6.1, 7.1, as well as various HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, Interix boxes - failing for too long time now.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-alt] problems getting a prefix on aix-6.1 "François Bissey" <francois.bissey@×××××××××××××.nz>
[gentoo-alt] Re: problems getting a prefix on aix-6.1 Alex Ivanov <gnidorah@××××××.tk>