From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] --with-root-user
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 13:26:20
1 On 02-04-2008 15:22:27 +0200, Duft Markus wrote:
2 > > Feels like quite ancient to me, yes, but IIRC, portage.const should
3 > > exist there too. Does 'import portage' work with your (bootstrapped)
4 > > python? I think it works for noone during bootstrapping actually,
5 > > unless python (from the tree) is emerged before reinstalling portage.
6 > > I think my bootstrap docs at least for Mac OS X and Solaris (the only
7 > > two that are possibly correct by the way) pull in python before
8 > > portage reemerges itself (step 1.10 in the Solaris bootstrap) hence
9 > > it works there. Maybe that's not an option for you, then we have to
10 > > make a workaround.
11 >
12 > I now tried to emerge python as first package, before portage. This
13 > results in the same, since i have problems setting the PATH right. The
14 > portage i use to bootstrap the prefix comes from prefix-launcher, and
15 > (as all portage's do) insists on setting the PATH to some known value
16 > (which doesn't include the dirs of the to-bootstrap prefix, and hence
17 > misses the just installed python, but rather gets the python 2.4 from
18 > prefix-launcher.
19
20 a) muck with DEFAULT_PATH
21 b) configure your bootstrap-portage differently (--default-path= or
22 something) to include the right path before your prefix-launcher path
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo on a different level
28 --
29 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list