From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Prefix rsync now includes full gentoo-x86 repo
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 09:06:32
On 01-04-2012 23:48:52 -0400, Richard Yao wrote:
> While this is awesome, the longer sync times seems to have overloaded > the server. It might be necessary to increase the number of mirrors.
Around 2:00 backups are stored (which cause disk write I/O, hence slow down all operations that need it, such as cvs update), at 5:00 a backup is made of the server, this gives a lot of read I/O, hence affects other operations much less. The master rsync0 server is only accessible by rsync1, and rsync1 only by slaves, rsync4 and rsync5 at the moment. They pick up the client-sync load. See also: -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level