From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Bootstrap problem on AIX: xz-utils-5.0.5 fails in stage 3
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:32:52
1 Hi Dirk,
2
3 On 10/11/2013 03:47 PM, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
4 > ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l lzma
5 > ld:open(): No such file or directory
6 > collect2: error: ld returned 255 exit status
7
8 Unfortunately, don't have to say more than "confirmed" here yet...
9
10 > As a hint, the same package in the same version installs just fine on
11 > this machine when coming from NetBSD pkgsrc (I'm currently evaluating
12 > the two as a provider for a unified environment on AIX, Linux and Solaris).
13
14 But: We actually do use an older fork of Gentoo Prefix to provide an unified
15 development and runtime environment on AIX, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, Windows.
16
17 Why an older fork: We do need this environment to be super-stable, and we are
18 unable to handle updates from upstream Gentoo Prefix/Gentoo Linux to get our
19 testing done for the stable keywords.
20
21 But right now, we plan to import another working state into our Prefix-fork as
22 new profile version, after getting upstream Prefix to work again on our supported
23 platforms - which have been reduced to AIX, Linux and Windows recently.
24
25 HTH,
26 /haubi/