From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Stable Keywords?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:16:02
1 Hi all,
2
3 Per subject, let's have some discussion on stable keywords in Prefix.
4
5 I've always been against them, while others would like to have them.
6 I've basically been against them simply because I don't have time to
7 also maintain a stable tree/prefix/install.
8
9 With the number of ebuilds in the tree increasing, I simply cannot cope
10 with the volume any more as I used to do. This is mainly the case for
11 when I'm syncing the tree and approving each ebuild manually, merging
12 conflicts etc. I have no time to compile each package before I commit
13 it, but I try to check it at least unpacks.
14
15 Now I was wondering, maybe I could sync new ebuilds into ~arch, while we
16 then make ebuilds arch when they appear to work on the works. Not sure
17 how much this really "fixes", but just a random thought to reduce the
18 damage of semi-automagic syncing...
19
20 Any thoughts?
23 Fabian Groffen