From: Egg Plant <egg.plant@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: [gentoo-dev] desktop experience on smartphone: thoughts and plans
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 12:49:43
1 Hello Benda,
2
3 I forgot about this project, when you was discussing this topic. Apologize for delayed information.
4
5 You may take a look at the "libhybris" project. It's being used by the Sailfish OS & probably Ubuntu in future. Now some Intel developers are also showing interest in it and is being integrated with Wayland.
8 https://github.com/libhybris/libhybris
9 https://github.com/stskeeps/libhybris
10
11 -->sourcecode present & previous
14 http://mer-project.blogspot.fi/2013/04/wayland-utilizing-android-gpu-drivers.html
15 http://mer-project.blogspot.fi/2013/05/wayland-utilizing-android-gpu-drivers.html
16 -->Carsten Munk's posting, he is the original developer & now the Chief Research Engineer in Jolla, which develop Sailfish OS.
17
18 http://www.merproject.org/
19 https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Main_Page
20 -->Mer project & its wiki. It works as backend of several OS under development for embeded devices.
21
22 http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/04/08/libhybris-let-you-use-android-drivers-hw-libraries-in-linux/
23 -->some more info
24
25 https://launchpad.net/libhybris
26 -->"libhybris" at Canonical Ubuntu
27
28 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybris_%28software%29
29 -->The wikipedia article seems a little confusing.
32 [DISCLAIMER: I have very little knowledge about programming & kernel, so may be I am associating wrong projects with your project. I am in any way not associated with the above mentioned sites & projects.]
33
34 Waiting for your success... to reach my Android device!! I mean your project... ;-)
38 I'm yet a learner, warn me if I'm doing any wrong... [|:-)