From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] You too? youtoo!
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:52:34
3 >> Guess I spend another day testing Cygwin, to find out how far the
4 >> instabilities really matter.
5 >
6 > yeah, sure - are you seeing any instabilities yet?
9 After some days working with Cygwin 95% of my issues come from the
10 side of gentoo. 5% are still to much to run server tasks upon Cygwin.
11
12 My target group is the desktop user, which can react immediatly, by
13 repeating the last task. The Windows PC was full of instablitities
14 until XP. Yet it was more successfull than IBM in the target group
15 where money matters. I try to follow the Cygwin path.
16
17 Hope to get the gcc compiled today or tomorrow. Also the gcc it is not
18 an issue of instabiltity but of finding the appropriate configurations
19 for prefix on cygwin.
20
21 Collected issus and workarounds: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Prefix/Cygwin
22