From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Getting dev-lang/perl and deps prefix-clean for ::gentoo
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 12:26:23
1 Hi Kent,
2
3 Let's see if we can make a move with this before the end of the year.
4
5 The dep-horror is always what blocks these kinds of things from quickly
6 progressing.
7
8 Thanks,
9 Fabian
10
11 On 22-12-2018 13:31:07 +1300, Kent Fredric wrote:
12 > I've been overall impressed with the progress made on recent
13 > keywording/stable requests for dev-perl/* prefix [1][2][3].
14 >
15 > So I figured I'd put some effort into getting not only dev-perl/* ->
16 > dev-lang/perl up-to-scratch, but attempt to fix the warts between
17 > dev-lang/perl and the rest of ::gentoo
18 >
19 > But uh, the deps are dark and full of terrors.
20 >
21 > So I started by focusing on one dep: sys-libs/db , but even that has a
22 > nightmarish depgraph :/
23 >
24 > Here's my current progress (attached) for what sort of things need to
25 > be changed ( as indicated by repoman -d -e y ) to make all necessary
26 > arches happy, but as you can see it gets crazy fast, turning up in
27 > java, emacs, systemd...
28 >
29 > So obviously some hacks to mask USE flags in profiles are going to be
30 > needed to make this happy.
31 >
32 > So far my list includes:
33 >
34 > ~amd64-fbsd : 2 packages
35 > ~x86-macos : 15 packages
36 > ~ppc-macos : 17 packages
37 > ~x64-solaris : 17 packages
38 > ~x86-solaris : 20 packages
39 > ~x86-linux : 22 packages
40 > ~sparc-solaris : 24 packages
41 > ~sparc64-solaris : 24 packages
42 > ~m68k-mint : 25 packages
43 > ~x64-cygwin : 25 packages
44 > ~x64-macos : 26 packages
45 > ~mips : 27 packages
46 > ~amd64-linux : 32 packages
47 > ~ppc-aix : 67 packages
48 > ---
49 > bsd@g.o : 2 packages
50 > mips@g.o : 27 packages
51 > prefix@g.o : 80 packages ( 314 distinct keywordings )
52 >
53 > So if there's some subset of keywords that maybe I should focus on
54 > getting done instead of doing a blanket request, that might help.
55 > (amd64-fbsd for instance currently looks easy, but might get out of
56 > hand eventually)
59 > 1: https://bugs.gentoo.org/665088
60 > 2: https://bugs.gentoo.org/667266
61 > 3: https://bugs.gentoo.org/671730