From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefixed gentoo for cross-compile (question)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:03:25
1 On 04/28/2011 02:03 PM, Piergiorgio Beruto wrote:
2
3 >> Eventually you might try to build your packages within Prefix,
4 >> without cross-compiling first.
5 > --> already done, works just fine.
6
7 >> Have you also tried using crossdev on vanilla Gentoo Linux to build
8 >> your software?
9 > Yes, works like a charm (more or less!)
10
11 > Nevermind, I think it's worth a try anyway :)
12
13 Given that you had success in both scenarios already, ...
14
15 > I encountered problems with glibc not being able to
16 > properly detect the previous installed packages,
17
18 ... chances are alive that there are just a few bits missing, where this is one of them.
19
20 > most probably because of
21 > prefix as on the plain vanilla gentoo everything worked fine...
22
23 Yep.
24
25 > but I've tried
26 > this some time ago, I'd better try again and eventually report the problem
27 > with the full log maybe?
28
29 Yes - however, it might be better to also get crossdev-"upstream"
30 (another Gentoo dev) involved then.
31
32 /haubi/
33 --