From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefixed gentoo for cross-compile (question)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:03:25
On 04/28/2011 02:03 PM, Piergiorgio Beruto wrote:

>> Eventually you might try to build your packages within Prefix, >> without cross-compiling first. > --> already done, works just fine.
>> Have you also tried using crossdev on vanilla Gentoo Linux to build >> your software? > Yes, works like a charm (more or less!)
> Nevermind, I think it's worth a try anyway :)
Given that you had success in both scenarios already, ...
> I encountered problems with glibc not being able to > properly detect the previous installed packages,
... chances are alive that there are just a few bits missing, where this is one of them.
> most probably because of > prefix as on the plain vanilla gentoo everything worked fine...
> but I've tried > this some time ago, I'd better try again and eventually report the problem > with the full log maybe?
Yes - however, it might be better to also get crossdev-"upstream" (another Gentoo dev) involved then. /haubi/ -- Michael Haubenwallner Gentoo on a different level