From: Marshall McMullen <marshall.mcmullen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [AIX] module loading errors
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:18:53
1 Haubi,
2
3 >> I've figured out I can circumvent this problem by copying any needed
4 >> libraries into the directory it is looking for them in. However, is
5 >> there a more permanent "proper" fix for this yet?
6
7 > Unfortunately not.
8 > You get subversion to _work_ when you do this ?
9
10 Actually, yes! I know, I figured that would never work, but it actually
11 works fairly well. The only problem I previously reported with the
12 thread subject "[AIX] subversion failures". However, those are easily
13 worked around by deleting the offending directories from the portage
14 tree then restarting the 'emerge --sync'.
15
16 > Btw, I've started to get more insight into "aix shared objects and
17 > runtime linking" (-brtl linker flag) for how it changes runtime
18 > behaviour, how libtool (does|should) handle it, how it could help with
19 > missing 'soname' support, and whether we should use it in prefix or not.
20 > Any input on this topic welcome!
21
22 Well, I'm certainly no expert on this, but I do work with some fellow
23 AIX developers that are _THE_ experts on the AIX Linker/Loader. If you
24 have specific questions or issues you'd like me to look into or get
25 answers to, please let me know and I'll look into them :).
26
27 Thanks,
28 Marshall
29 --