From: Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] doxygen-1.5.4 issues
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:56:37
1 Now I'm having issues with doxygen.
2
3 It doesn't compile anymore due to doxygen-1.5.3-darwin9 patch, which
4 is dealing with constness of an argument passed to iconv. Because on
5 my darwin8 __APPLE__ is defined, the result of the patched code is to
6 cast const char ** to char **. This seems unnecessary because both
7 system libiconv and portage libiconv accept const char ** as second
8 argument to iconv(). The patch has darwin9 in its name, with which I
9 have no experience, so I can't say what good the patch does there.
10 Where have I gone blind?
11
12 Also I notice that the cast causes problems on Solaris as well.
13 Wouldn't it be a cleaner solution to have the configure script check
14 whether iconv() accepts a const second argument, and then cast based
15 on the result of the probe? A quick patch doing just that is attached.
16
17 // Cheers; Johan

doxygen-1.5.4-configure.patch application/octet-stream