From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [prefix][aix] get out of aix dll hell
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:51:57
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 22:04 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 04-04-2007 00:25:46 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> > [aixrtl-use.patch]: > > > > Unless specifying '-brtl', the linker will not search any '', > > so each of our now libtool-created sharedlibs will be ignored. > > > > OTOH, always specifiying '-brtl' did not make any problem for me yet. > > > > Additionally, we will have to add more runpath-logic to ld-wrapper in > > binutils. > > As a first start I do this specific aix-logic in native-cctools, having > > a shell-wrapper around ld instead of a symlink. > > I don't quite get the script yet, but I'm not too bright at the moment. > I prefer to implement it into the wrapper instead, though.
Ok, now I've a (hmm, quite huge?) patch for binutils-config, to do that libpath-magic in the wrapper instead of a shell-script by native-cctools. There are three things: 1) as we don't want C++ here, I've added stringutil.[ch] to have easy fully-dynamic string- and arglist-handling. Maybe this also could be useful for ld-wrapper.c. 2) the aix-specific libpath-logic, designed as *plugin* to ld-wrapper. 3) We should not copy the sources to ${T}, but ${WORKDIR} instead, because with FEATURE=keepwork, ${T} was cleaned between src_unpack and src_compile. /haubi/

File name MIME type
binutils-config-aixld.patch text/x-patch