From: heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] How important is bootstrap_zlib_core()'s set target?
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:35:06
1 Dear René,
2
3 Welcome to Prefix!
4
5 René Berber <r.berber@××××××××.org> writes:
6
7 > I'm trying to bootstrap prefix into my NAS (Synology 713+)
8
9 .. Intel Atom NAS.
10
11 > which has Linux 3.2.30 64-bit
12
13 The bootstrap script make a guess of your CHOST. Probably, it draws from
14 `uname` to make your CHOST as 'x86_64-*'
15
16 > but everything (programs, libraries) 32-bit, and no compiler,
17 > headers, etc. a bare-bones distribution.
18
19 > I've installed a compiler (gcc 4.2.1), and its dependencies, also
20 > bash, coreutils. The compiler is 32-bit exclusively (i.e. no -m64, no
21 > 64-bit runtime).
22 >
23 > Running the bootstrap script it fails in bootstrap_zlib_core() trying
24 > to build a 64-bit target.
25 >
26 > Is that target really important?
27
28 You will want to tell the bootstrap you want a 32bit build by overriding
29 CHOST with
30
31 export CHOST=i686-pc-linux-gnu
32
33 before running bootstrap.
34
35 Prefix/libc won't help here, at present it relies on an existing Prefix
36 to bootstrap. redlizard have a bootstrap script for Prefix/libc, but I
37 guess it will make the same wrong guess of 64-bit.
38
39 Cheers,
40 Benda