From: Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: simple question about installing chromium browser for use in debian OS using gentoo prefix..
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:45:23
1 Many thanks for the reply.
2
3 I went in the $EPREFIX/var/lib/repos/gentoo directory to look for the
4 nghttp2 ebuild......
5
6 The ebuild lives here on my machine:
7
8 mikef@fart:~/gentoo/usr/portage/net-libs/nghttp2
9
10 I found the nghttp2-1.39.1.ebuild file.
11
12 Toward the end of the file there is a bit of code with the myeconfargs
13 variable (or whatever it is) present in it:
14
15 multilib_src_configure() {
16 local myeconfargs=(
17 --disable-examples
18 --disable-failmalloc
19 --disable-python-bindings
20 --disable-werror
21 --without-cython
22 $(use_enable cxx asio-lib)
23 $(use_enable debug)
24 $(multilib_native_use_enable hpack-tools)
25 $(use_enable static-libs static)
26 $(use_enable threads)
27 $(multilib_native_use_enable utils app)
28 $(multilib_native_use_with jemalloc)
29 $(multilib_native_use_with xml libxml2)
30 )
31 ECONF_SOURCE="${S}" econf "${myeconfargs[@]}"
32 }
33
34 multilib_src_install_all() {
35 if ! use static-libs ; then
36 find "${ED}"/usr -name '*.la' -delete || die
37 fi
38 }
39 mikef@fart:~/gentoo/usr/portage/net-libs/nghttp2$
40
41 ***************************************
42 Presumably if I would edit this file with e.g. emacs then I could add
43 --with-boost="${EPREFIX}"/usr
44
45 to the file after the two instances of myeconfargs (or do I only do it
46 once in the ECONF_SOURCE line?).....
47
48 Also would I add --with-boost="${EPREFIX}"/usr OR
49 --with-boost=/home/mikef/gentoo/usr
50 ie the actual path on my machine here?
51
52 I did not realise the ebuilds were editable files that lived in
53 directories in the install itself.
54 I thought portage used them for the compilations but they were off
55 limits to users like me and only assembled
56 by developers and converted to a form that was not easily accessible etc.....
59 If this succeeds and chromium compiles, could I use the make.conf file
60 video card entries etc from my conventional
61 gentoo install I have here on this machine to modify the gentoo prefix
62 make.conf file to allow me to emerge and
63 install xorg-server ie x11-base/xorg-server in gentoo prefix and then
64 run startx etc?
65
66 I would then install i3 and dmenu etc and then run chromium.......
67
68 I think this is better than using e.g. bedrock linux etc. Gentoo and
69 debian are both good. If you combine them
70 then that would be useful I think.
71
72 Comments appreciated.
73