From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] macos x64 profile
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:55:43
1 On 23-08-2008 15:06:12 -0700, Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
2 > Is the profile in
3 > profiles/default-prefix/darwin/macos/10.5/x64
4 > for general consumption?
5
6 unfortunately not
7
8 > I tried it, and got an error from emerge about how ~x64-macos wasn't a
9 > valid KEYWORD, but wasn't sure if I should expect it to work.
10
11 odcctools is the blocking factor here. I once got it to compile in
12 64-bits mode, but it didn't work correctly. The reason for that is that
13 they use "long" all over the place, and in LP64 this type changes size
14 of course, resulting in misalignment in many structs that correspond to
15 disk layouts of e.g. the dylib files.
16
17 In the latest odcctools I had to discard the patch that tried to convert
18 long, but I noticed that patch didn't do it quite right as well, so
19 maybe that's worth a try. With a working linker, ~x64-macos came quite
20 far, last time pipping tried it, further than ~ppc64-macos, which had an
21 issue with openssl.
25 Fabian Groffen
26 Gentoo on a different level