From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] removal of some Prefix keywords
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:50:44
1 Hi all,
2
3 It makes me somewhat sad to inform you that I've dropped a number of
4 Prefix keywords from the tree. For some of these keywords holds that
5 they never got any real attention in the tree, for others a great deal
6 of time, energy, love and work has been put into them. However in the
7 current state, they were mostly ruins never to be rebuilt.
8
9 The list of keywords removed is:
10
11 hppa-hpux
12 ia64-hpux
13 ia64-linux
14 x86-interix
15 x64-freebsd
16 x86-freebsd
17 x86-netbsd
18 ppc-openbsd
19 x64-openbsd
20 x86-openbsd
21 sparc64-openbsd
22
23 I want to thank the people who put so much work into them over the
24 years. (Most of them are unfortunately no longer with us in the Gentoo
25 Prefix project).
26
27 The following keywords are open for consideration of removal too:
28
29 ppc-macos
30 m68k-mint
31 arm-linux
32 ppc64-linux
33
34 ppc-macos is a hard one for me personally, it's the first Prefix arch
35 ever, but I'm not aware of anyone having such machine. I'm considering
36 buying a G5 since they appear cheap, but I wonder if it's going to be
37 worth it except for the fun. The Sun Blade 100 I have covers the
38 sparc/sparcv9 solaris keywords theoretically.
39 m68k-mint really relies on the one and only user, which I'm not sure
40 what his involvement is currently.
41 arm-linux I see being used in RAP, it it's maintained by them, obviously
42 we should keep it.
43 ppc64-linux, I guess that one I just forgot in last weekend's sweep.
44
45 Thanks,
46 Fabian
50 Fabian Groffen