From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] interix preserve-libs
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:09:21
1 On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 09:58 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 17-07-2009 09:01:14 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 17:43 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4 > > > Hi Markus,
5 [snip]
6 > If the windows stuff will use another format, then I don't understand
7 > the decision to call it ITX instead of PECOFF. How about writing a
8 > scan{elf,macho} brother that does the job? e.g. scanpecoff and/or
9 > scandll?
10 > That way we don't need objdump at all, but use our own tool, that we use
11 > furteron on the process as well, reducing your work to parse the
12 > output of objdump in the bash code.
13
14 For Winnt, i have to make parity.inspector (which already reads such dll
15 imformation) print out all i need.
16
17 For Interix, i can't read the info myself. only microsoft knows where
18 the info is stored, and in which format - so ATM only M$ patched
19 objdumps will output the required info.
20
21 Winnt and Interix share the container "PECOFF" but need to be handled
22 completely different. i could however - as you said - write a wrapper
23 which decides which input file it got (interix .so, or windows .dll),
24 and wether i need to call objdump or whatever else to get my info. that
25 wrapper ("scanpecoff"?) could also output all the info already in the
26 right format, so that the shell/python code would have an easy time with
27 parsing :)
28
29 Cheers, Markus
32 > > Anything too hackish to make it into portage? ;) i guess it's the most
33 > > clean way i can think of ATM...