From: Layton Kifer <laytonkifer@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: OpenSSH 7.7p1 Not Compiling on Cygwin Prefix
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 13:23:22
1 > > Hi Layton,
2 > >
3 > > Layton Kifer <laytonkifer@×××××.com> writes:
4 > >
5 > > > I was directed to you on the IRC after I was having a problem
6 > > > installing prefix on cygwin. I eventually found the solution posted
7 > > >
8 http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/linker-error-with-gcc-flag-mfunction-return-thunk-td141297.html
9 > > > and it seems this is an issue compiling OpenSSH on cygwin at the
10 > > > moment. The solution of configuring with --without-hardening seems to
11 > > > have worked for me. I was told you may be able to put in a patch so
12 > > > that others don't encounter this problem. Let me know if there is
13 > > > anything I can do to help.
16 > Can you file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org? We need the ssh maintainers to
17 > sign off on adding --without-hardening to configure args for Cygwin.
18
19 It seems https://bugs.gentoo.org/659210 already exists for this issue.
20
21 Thanks,
22 Layton
25 > Thanks,
26 > Fabian
27 >
28 > > Thank you for trying Prefix out. I am sorry that I am not an expert on
29 > > Windows. Shell we move to our mailing list? That will get your
30 > > question to be corresponded more quickly.
31 > >
32 > > Cheers,
33 > > Benda