From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Patch breaks
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:41:34
1 For the archives:
4 > Hmmm, I think you should use i686-pc-cygwin.  That'll help make libtool
5 > and the like do what they do best on Cygwin.
6
7 Yes, that is absolutely necessary else bootstrappig doesn't work for
8 some packages.
11 > bootstrap-prefix.sh doesn't have support for this target (yet), since
12
13 Right.
14
15 > there is no profile for it either.  Though, I think it's going to harm
16 > you more to set a wrong CHOST than hacking your way through it.
19 You have to do.
20
21 Alternatively skip the tmp/ binaries use cygwins and fix the portage
22 settings in /etc. Use "portage/profiles/prefix" as default profile and
23 put below settings to /etc/make.conf. However I didn't test the
24 alternative way. It's theory.
25
26 > You'll have to create a profile for cygwin yourself (very limited, just
27 > containing the CHOST should do, keyword = x86-interix or something is an
28 > acceptable hack for now)
29
30 ARCH="x86"
31 CHOST="i686-pc-cygwin"