From: Marshall McMullen <marshall.mcmullen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-alt] symlinks in EPREFIX path
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:35:30
1 So, I think I've discovered a subtle bug that should be pretty easy to fix.
2
3 I had set EPREFIX to /gsa/ausgsa/projects/g/gnu as this is the path name
4 provided to me by the owner of the system. Everything has been emerging fine until
5 today I tried emerging python-fchksum-1.7.1. This fails due to a QA notice about
6 files being installed outside of the prefix:
7
8 * QA Notice: the following files are outside of the prefix:
9 * /gsa/ausgsa-p5
10 /gsa/ausgsa-p5/15
11 /gsa/ausgsa-p5/15/gnu
12
13 So, I found it odd that it was reporting the prefix as "/gsa/ausgsa-p5" and did some
14 checking on the system. In /gsa/ausgsa/projects/g there is a symlink for gnu:
15
16 gnu -> ../../../ausgsa-p5/15/gnu
17
18 which thus evaluates to "/gsa/ausgsa-p5/15/gnu". So, why is the eprefix being set to
19 /gsa/ausgsa-p5 in this particular QA check ?
20
21 At any rate, I found an easy workaround. I exported EPREFIX to be the actual _real_
22 path with no symlinks in it, as in: EPREFIX=/gsa/ausgsa-p5/15/gnu and then was able
23 to emerge the package successfully.
24
25 Is this something prefixed-portage should handle, or the ebuild or should I solve it
26 manually via the export trick I did ?
27
28 Thanks!
29 --
30 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list