From: Michael Fothergill <michael.fothergill@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] problem installing gentoo prefix on debian buster
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2019 11:21:29
1 I found this discussion:
2
3 https://askubuntu.com/questions/1099392/compilation-of-m4-1-4-10-to-1-4-18-fails-due-to-please-port-gnulib-freadahead-c
4
5 It suggests the following stepwise solution:
6
7 if you want to build m4 from source then start by getting its build
8 dependencies from the repository:
9
10 enable Source code in the Software & Updates (software-properties-gtk)
11
12 install needed build tools
13
14 sudo apt-get install build-essential
15
16 get necessary build dependencies for current m4 binary package
17
18 sudo apt-get build-dep m4
19
20 get source code of the current m4 binary package (with all needed
21 patches provided by Debian and/or Ubuntu):
22
23 apt-get source m4
24 cd m4-*
25
26 Would a local compilation of m4 this fashion on my debian install help here?
27
28 Regards
29
30 NF