From: Damiano ALBANI <damiano.albani@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] "emerge -e system" step fails (Solaris 11.1 x86)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 08:33:04
1 Hello,
2
3 Inside a fresh Solaris 11.1 zone, I've tried to set up a Gentoo prefix.
4 First issue that I encountered is when the "bootstrap-prefix.sh" script
5 asks for:
6
7 How many parallel make jobs do you want? [2]
8
9 If I just press ENTER, it looks like it doesn't use the default value of
10 "2", because then I get an issue a bit later :
11
12 * Unpacking make
13 * Compiling make
14 checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
15 checking whether build environment is sane... yes
16 checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/gmkdir -p
17 [...]
18 config.status: executing default-1 commands
19 config.status: creating po/POTFILES
20 config.status: creating po/Makefile
21 config.status: creating build.sh
22 make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -j option
23 make: Fatal error: No dmake max jobs argument after -j flag
24
25 That could be easily fixed though, simply by explicitly typing "2" when
26 asked.
27
28 Now, the real issue is that the build process doesn't go to its completion
29 successfully.
30 Steps for stage 1, 2 and 3 run fine as far I could see but when it comes to
31 the "emerge -e system" step, it fails with this error :
32
33 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy ">=dev-util/pkgconfig-0.27.1"
34 have been masked.
35 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete
36 your request:
37 - dev-util/pkgconfig-9999::gentoo_prefix (masked by: EAPI 5)
38 - dev-util/pkgconfig-0.27.1::gentoo_prefix (masked by: EAPI 5)
39 The current version of portage supports EAPI '4'. You must upgrade
40 to a
41 newer version of portage before EAPI masked packages can be
42 installed.
43 (dependency required by "virtual/pkgconfig-0" [ebuild])
44 (dependency required by "net-misc/wget-1.14" [ebuild])
45 (dependency required by "@system" [argument])
46 For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
47 man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
48
49 Any idea when this could come from? And how to fix that.
50
51 Thanks a lot,
54 Damiano ALBANI