From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Interix coreutils -> df?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 19:59:53
1 I got problems compiling coreutils, it keeps complaining that it can't
2 determine how to read list of mounted file systems.
3
4 Now the ebuild seems to do some "working around broken headers", which
5 I'm trying now, but I noticed the ebuild doesn't install df on Interix,
6 as there is no way to get this list. However, I stumbled upon this
7 patch:
8 http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-coreutils@×××.org/msg06144.html
9 Seems to be some licence issue with it, I'm no lawyer but I feel like
10 the patch is public domain/AS-IS, and they just want it to become GPL or
11 something, so should not be a problem for us Gentoo people, right?
12
13 Looks like that patch does indeed a trivial walk over /dev/fs, so shows
14 some stupid information for df, which other utilities may get very happy
15 from/with.
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level
20 --