From: Elias Pipping <pipping@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] less color output broken?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:48:54
1 > Hi,
2 >
3 > I was looking at mplayer's ebuild file with less, and noticed the
4 > coloring was odd - strings and comments didn't extend to the next
5 > line e.g..
6 >
7 > I compared the output of the ebuild-less (right) against the system-
8 > less (left).
9 > Although the coloring of system-less isn't perfect either (middle
10 > of second screenshot), I find it much better than the one of ebuild-
11 > less. How come it's different at all?
12 >
13 > (I had a look at the files[1] Apple uses to build less, but I
14 > couldn't find an apparent reason for the above behavior)
15 >
16 > [1] http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.9.x86/less-14/
19 > Kind regards,
20 >
21 > Elias
22
23 I've uploaded[2] the screenshots because they were too big for the list
24
25 [2] http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pipping/gentoo/
26 --
27 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list