From: Lincoln Bryant <lincolnb@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] RAP stage 1 bootstrap fails on CentOS 6 due to python version
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 23:00:27
1 Hi all,
2
3 I’m experimenting with RAP on CentOS 6 and seeing the stage 1 build fail when bootstrapping portage due to a lack of Python 2.7.
4
5 Here’s the error I see:
6 checking whether /usr/bin/python 2.6.6 >= 2.7... configure: error: need at least version 2.7 of python
7
8 Depsite successfully bootstrapping python, the portage build seems to be looking for Python in the host’s /usr/bin, which is 2.6.6 on EL6. As such it fails. If I do some nasty things like replace the host's /usr/bin/python symlink, the stage 1 works fine.
9
10 Did I miss something obvious here? Thanks for any insight!
11
12 Cheers,
13 Lincoln