From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] packages that run as root
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 06:55:18
1 Hi Jeremy,
2
3 I strongly agree with you arguments. And there is some situation that user
4 have root access and also need a Gentoo Prefix. e. g. setting up a ftp
5 server using packages from Prefix on MacOSX. (rephrasing your idea 2)
6
7 The Prefix users are generally highly evolved. Therefore developper do not
8 need to decide for the users which packages should/not be installed. (well
9 rephrasing your idea 2)
10
11 lifting this restriction will also save developpers' time. (well rephrasing
12 your idea 1, 3)
13
14 Cheers!
15