From: heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix on arm handsets
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:05:10
1 Dear all,
2
3 I have just bootstrapped Gentoo Prefix on my Motorola Droid Razr
4 (XT910), which has OMAP4430 (dual core cortex-a9 1.2Ghz) and 1GB of RAM.
5
6 The toolchain bootstrapped is hardfloat ABI, featuring neon. I have used
7 debian armhf as starting point, which in turn was bootstrapped from the
8 motorola modified ubuntu in its webtop product (on android 2.3.6).
9
10 The process is quite smooth, expect for some keyword cares (we still
11 don't have arm keyword officially for prefix yet). The "emerge -e system"
12 took 1 day, while I was making phone calls and SMS during daytime.
13
14 It is quite usable now, more on this later.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Benda