From: Johan Hattne <johan@××××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Tool chain search paths, OS X 10.9
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:59:52
1 Dear all;
2
3 A few months ago I got a shiny new MacBook with OS X 10.9.3 and I’d like to have prefixed portage on it. Xcode 5.1.1 is installed, and unlike last time I went through this exercise (on 10.8, I believe) I got the command line tools without any additional clicks.
4
5 I ran into all kinds of problems because prefix’s toolchain didn’t find headers and libraries. It appears these are kept under /Applications/Xcode.app in my case. I kludged around parts of it by symlinking /usr/include to /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr/include and other parts by just using the system’s toolchain, but clearly this aint’t the way to go.
6
7 I’ve got the sneaky suspicion I’ve missed something fundamental here, but I don’t know what. I didn’t find anything that appeared suitable enough in the usual places. Cluebat, anyone?
8
9 // Cheers; Johan