From: Johan Hattne <johan.hattne@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] doxygen-1.5.4 issues
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 10:46:21
1 On Dec 7, 2007, at 10:26 , Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 >>> P.S. you can "remedy" some vital components with install_name_tool.
4 >>> Make sure you reinstall stuff though. Best thing to do is to
5 >>> rebootstrap... sorry.
6 >>
7 >> OK, will try to fix. I guess the fact that strlen("usr/lib") <
8 >> strlen("lib") will be real handy when doing the install_name_tool
9 >> trick.
10 >
11 > install_name_tool is quite nice, as it can also do the other way
12 > around.
13
14 It is nice, but doing it manually was fun only for the first couple
15 of binaries. I just realised that on darwin, one could get out of
16 this sort of mess by setting up DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH
17 appropriately, and then reemerging whatever is broken. So I've set
18 aforementioned variable to ${EPREFIX}/lib, and am now in the process
19 of doing an emerge --emptytree world.
20
21 Thanks for your help!
22
23 // Johan