From: martin <martin.juhlin@××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Building gentoo prefix
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:48:25
1 On Friday 06 February 2009 04.20.43 Jeremy Olexa wrote:
2 > martin wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I'm trying to build gentoo prefix under debian lenny by following the
6 > > solaris guide. In the first step when building coreutils (after wget, sed
7 > > and python) I get some wierd build result. Does anyone know what to do?
8 > >
9 > > Martin
10 >
11 > Hi, sorry for the late response.
12 >
13 > Can you try to replace 'coreutils' with 'coreutils6' in the
14 > bootstrapping command?
15
16 That did help. I run into problem with tar after that. However I decided to
17 continue without since debian comes with tar 1.20. After that I manage to get
18 a successful prefix build.
19
20 Later after inspecting the source to the bootscript I found that there exist a
21 tar15.Building that version is working property.
22
23 Thank for the help :-)
24
25 Martin