From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Preparing for Snow Leopard
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:18:28
1 On 17-09-2009 20:01:08 +0200, Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2 > I'll retry tonite if I get round it with the settings above and see if that helps.
3
4 I developed a new bootstrap strategy and am bootstrapping it on Snow
5 Leopard 32-bits right now.
6
7 > > Yup, I'm sorry. I still don't have Snow Leopard myself, but luckily got
8 > > access to a box now.
9 >
10 > OK, If you need/want me to run any testing I'll be back on monday/tuesday and
11 > since my primary box is a snowleopard box I have fairly easy access :)
12 >
13 > My current prefix still works after upgrading, but I've restarted on a new
14 > bootstrap after the last failed attempt...
15 >
16 > If you're upgrading to snowleopard don't forget to reinstall the xcode
17 > stuff as well, the upgrade deleted/borked it on my machine causing
18 > some weird errors in prefix which were all solved by reinstalling
19 > xcode for snowleopard from apple.
20
21 I'm on a G5, so no upgrade to SL for me. Besides, I like my Tiger (it
22 has functionally no difference for me with Prefix on it) -- it even has
23 64-bits support :). But I guess this is a good heads up for others that
24 want to go this route. Thanks!
28 Fabian Groffen
29 Gentoo on a different level